I could hardly sleep last night, some because Madeline cried out several times, but mostly because I was so excited to see her again! She is so precious and girly, even her cries are petite. When we find a food she likes, she smacks her cute little lips to ask for more. To help her gain weight we are trying to get her to take a bottle, wish we had some sippy cups with us, but we think she'd eat more from a bottle or sippy cup vs. an open cup. And weight she needs! Not sure if our scale in our room is right but it weighs her in at 12 pounds. We have a doctor visit coming up in Guangzhou so we'll find out.
Today we had sightseeing in the am, and went to a local park where we were quite an attraction. Large crowds of people would surround our group, wanting to see the babies, making sure they were warm enough on this chilly day. We had no idea what anyone was saying, but got a few thumbs up, along with some curious stares. If not for the heavy pollution, I would love to spend more time here, I really love hearing the spoken language, it's like a song. Every where we go there is loud conversation and everywhere we look there are interesting sights. Traffic flow is crazy at best, I have seen very few traffic lights, and today we crossed the streets for the first time with the babies, that was really something! Cars don't always stop for pedestrians, but thankfully have had mercy on this large, bewildered group of parents and strollers. Honking horns go on day and night, constantly. Many vendors are along sidewalks, we saw one changing oil on a motorcycle while simultaneously making noodles in a pot. In the parks, large groups gather to do tai chi, or line dancing. I love that the people here seem free and uninhibited, curious and warm. There are endless things about this culture that are so very different from what we know in America that I wonder what they think when they come to the states. All the people here seem so connected to each other and the community.
Later we headed to a temple, very peaceful except for our babies, they did not seem to appreciate the tranquility!
Now we have some time to relax until tomorrow, more sight seeing and possibly more paperwork of course. But last night we signed the papers that legally bind Madeline into our family, yay! After one last stop today in the crazy Walmart-like market, she is sleeping peacefully for a nap, as is Kevin. I seem to be too excited to nap! I am one happy momma....
11 comments:
The girls and I are loving the pictures of Madeline. We are all sitting here looking at how cute and precious she is. More videos please, we loved it!!
Addison says: "I am your cousin Madeline, come visit me soon. I want to hold0 you in my lap".
Olivia says: "Michael Leo where are you? Manline you cute, Um...michael leo..." yea, you decifer what that all means!!
Ella says: well, she is sleeping
YAY....this is all sooo very exciting. Tears are flowing almost non stop. I am sooo happy for you. I love you all so much. Thanks for sharing pictures and stories, love it.... Did you ever think 5 years ago that your heart could overflow with so much love for your children?!
Love you Madeline always and all ways.
Grammy
What a precious, precious little girl. She is just so beautiful. We share your joy and excitement. Dad and I can hardly wait to see your new messages and pictures each day. With our love, Dad and Barb
She is so cute. Pink looksis a color on her. Every day after Allie gets out of school she has me pull up the blog to see the new pictures. Love the video! Hope all goes well at the doctors appointment. We love you too Madeline!
We love the video....what a precious little girl! Will recommends some pediasure for Madeline :)....he says it tastes great! Grace says Madeline is "just so peachy."
oops Meant to say Pink is a good color on her. Sean was helping me type.
Terri
Love the pink. :)
Oh she is just adorable. I love the pink outfits on her. Now how many outfits did you take and did the orphanage give you anything other than what was on her at the time? I can't wait to see you all!!!
Make sure you are telling Madeline how awesome her Aunt Bubba and Uncle Lou are! ;-)
Please tell her how cool her Nebraska cousins are and their parents are way cool!! Much cooler than perhaps Bubba and Lou-Cat!!! :)
This is from Addison:
qweeermooiirtiiiikghjgj hjkDDJNJJJJJJJLLFOY I IIIIIWEPJJRJKJKJGDKBBVVVFHFIIIRIRIIIIIIAS
LOVE, ADDISON
I will let you decifer that. I am sure Leo and Madeline can help you if you don't have code down!
Oh, now Liv needs a turn:
kioiooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaa aaaaaaw wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww4jk0
WOW!!!!
Congrats on your BEAUTIFUL little addition!
Love seeing your photos of Nanchang. We were there 2 years ago!
Post a Comment