Ni Hao! Today at around 12 we met Madeline Lu Ren, a very petite, laid back sweet-faced little one year old. She was very good, only a few whimpers when handed to us, mostly in shock I think. She cries every time we lay her down. She was wearing split pants so I'm thinking she was not in a diaper, although her legs are not strong enough to stand at a potty, so I'm not sure. She came with a diaper on, but some babies did not.

We had quite a full day involving much paperwork, waiting, paperwork, etc. Our last appointment was at 8 pm and then we finally put her to bed, she had not taken a nap all day. She has been waking every hour and a half needing comfort, and has a very sad cry. But we did see several smiles today as I see her bonding to us fast. We are really trying to not rock her to sleep but it is hard, we are wrapped around her pinky! We also finally discovered that she doesn't use bottles, she doesn't seem to know what to do with them, but will drink from a cup and was very happy with us when we finally figured this out. Big smiles! She can't really hold the cup, but that must have been how she was eating, she knew what to do right away. She's extremely petite, 12 month clothes are big on her, and needs to develop a lot of leg strength but I'm sure a week with Leo will have her catching up fast. She is by far the smallest of the group. There is so much more to tell you, but it is late, I am trying to get back to sleep without success. The pollution(about 1/2 mile visibility) and smoke are very bad here indoors and out, and make our eyes and throat constantly burn, so we are desperate for Idaho's blue skies and clean mountain air. Love you all and miss you terribly, especially Little Man! More tomorrow.....
So yesterday was quite an emotional day. We began with me being an emotional wreck about all things Madeline and then some that weren't. I'm sure I drove Kevin nutty with my bouts of crying and irrational-ness, but he's a great husband and let me cry. As soon as we got to the building she was meeting us at, I began to feel peace, finally. As soon as they brought her in the room, I knew her right away. She doesn't look much different than her referral picture, which I had printed on my shirt, and she seemed to really like seeing it. She gobbled down some cheerios and fell in love with the cheerio lid right away, but we could not get her to drink from bottles.
8 comments:
OH MY GOSH!!! She is adorable! I'm teary eyed seeing her and reading your post!!! I'm so excited that you finally have her in your arms and she is yours (ours ;-).
Madeline, we love you already and can't wait for you to come home and to see you!
Love you guys!
Me too!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! I really don't know what else to say!!!!! Can't wait to meet her!!
YEAH!!!! She is so beautiful!!! I love seeing her in your arms. I just called your Mom so she could look at the pictures of Madeline too. Life is good!
She's beautiful. I'm so happy for you. I too am teary eyed reading your post and seeing her beautiful face. Get some sleep, can't wait till June to meet her.
Love ya !
Terri
She is beautiful!
Yay Jennie!
I'm so happy for you!!! Madeline is so beautiful, and it sounds like she's settling in so well :) Reading your post brings back so many memories, and makes me miss China. Enjoy this precious time.
Sara :)
Hi Welsh Family, Welcome to our family my darling little grand daughter Madeline and congratulations to Kevin, Jenny, and Leo. I am so anxious to see you all together, laughing and playing. Leo will love having his sister at home with him. Madeline is beautiful and her skin seems so smooth and silky. It sure has been an emotional ride. I can't even imagine how you are all holding up. thank you for sharing with all of us. May the Lord continue to bless you all with good health and safe travels.
Always and all ways
mom/grammy
xo
Congrats....Madeline is blessed to have you both as her parents. Thanks for keeping us updated on your journey. Your family is in our prayers. So happy for you!
Post a Comment