Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Madeline Turns One




She's a toddler now, it's official!  Though we are sad to have missed her first year of so many changes, we look forward to getting one of the best Christmas presents ever this year!  We celebrated her birthday in a bittersweet way by going out to lunch and having a small cake at home.  Leo loves any reason to sing happy birthday and blow out a candle, which he also likes to do with our Advent candles, so we sing happy birthday to Jesus every night.  And of course we all donned tattoos.  Leo's meant 'happiness', Kevin's 'truth', and mine 'loyalty'.   

Yesterday was our news that we might POSSIBLY leave next Friday, the 12th, and I hope to hear more today.  I am beyond excited and a bit freaking out as this long-time dream becomes a reality.  I am nervous for the transition period but very much look forward to extra giggles in the house, let's hope they outnumber the screams.

3 comments:

Kerry said...

We are giddy wirh excitement here for for you! We are also shedding a few tears in antipation for you! Can't wait...

ccarring said...

I love that you all wore tatoos in honor of Madeline, how fun... I am excited for you, I can't imagine how anxious and excited you all must be. Glad you are documenting everything and taking pictures, Madeline will love looking back on it when she's older
Love and prayers to all for always and all ways

Villanueva Family said...

I am so excited for you. I wish I could meet her before June, but you've waited 3 years, I can wait 6 months. Sitting on pins and needles waiting to hear if you get to leave. Please oh please say it's true!