Dec 14
We have arrived in Hong Kong after a loooooooooooooong 15 hour flight, and a total of 24 hours of travel time. Leaving Leo was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, even though I’ve left him for overnight before, this is by far the most time away from him. He is having a great time with Grandma,
th
ough, and after talking to him on the phone was thankful to hear his sweet little voice—he sounded great! Grandma said she had told him that we were gone to China to get Madeline and his response was, “Oh, Great!”
We have arrived in Hong Kong after a loooooooooooooong 15 hour flight, and a total of 24 hours of travel time. Leaving Leo was the hardest thing I’ve ever done, even though I’ve left him for overnight before, this is by far the most time away from him. He is having a great time with Grandma,
Yes it is.
There is a possibility we may meet Madeline today (Sunday), our guide said some of the babies are ready today! I am more anxious than I can put into words. We got a great night’s sleep after a difficult time sleeping on the plane (just what size people do they make those seats for?) we are ready for a great day of traveling to Nanchang, the capital city of the Jiangxi province where Madeline is now. Madeline is from Yifeng in Jiangxi, a city which we will most likely not get to travel to unfortunately, but I will be asking if we can visit an orphanage as it’s not on our itinerary. We’ll be in Nanchang for the next several days.
We are off to get some breakfast at Burger King, HK is quite a westernized city as it was a British Colony for many years, and get some water at the 7-11, I haven’t seen one of those in a while! Chat with you all soon!! Love from China!
There is a possibility we may meet Madeline today (Sunday), our guide said some of the babies are ready today! I am more anxious than I can put into words. We got a great night’s sleep after a difficult time sleeping on the plane (just what size people do they make those seats for?) we are ready for a great day of traveling to Nanchang, the capital city of the Jiangxi province where Madeline is now. Madeline is from Yifeng in Jiangxi, a city which we will most likely not get to travel to unfortunately, but I will be asking if we can visit an orphanage as it’s not on our itinerary. We’ll be in Nanchang for the next several days.
We are off to get some breakfast at Burger King, HK is quite a westernized city as it was a British Colony for many years, and get some water at the 7-11, I haven’t seen one of those in a while! Chat with you all soon!! Love from China!
(Note: It seems I am having trouble getting pictures uploaded and need to go meet the travel group---we have a slow connection here but I'll try to upload later.)
2 comments:
Glad you made it safely. Hoping by the time you get this you'll be holding your daughter in your lap. I bet you want to pinch yourself to make sure it's all real. Well enjoy your bonding time and look forward to hearing and seeing more.
Love ya, Terri
I couldn't sleep at all last night, anxious to see if you got Madeline yet...can't wait to hear!!
Post a Comment